The admission is made mainly on the basis of children’s age and basic abilities. For the beginners the minimum age to be on 1st April is as follows:
Play Group Two years and above (toilet trained)
Nursery Three years and above
Kindergarten Four years and above
A short assessment is made for the admission to KG class to ascertain the exact level of placement. Guidance is given to parents according to the needs of individual child.
Board of Governors
The administrative matters and policy decisions are taken by Board of Governors (BOG) comprising of members who are renowned educationists and child psychologists. The Rules and Regulations governing day to day functioning of TPS have been formulated by its BOG. Some of these have been briefly described below:
The placement in a given class is done on the basis of an evaluation of intellectual / academic level of each child according to his or her age / academic ability and availability of the space / seat in the class admission is sought. Rights of admission are reserved. Continuation of admission in the Institution is subject to the following conditions:
- Satisfactory Academic Performance
- Satisfactory Conduct / behaviour
- Adequate cooperation of parents
- Regular payment of tuition fee and other dues
Note: Admissions are offered to both boys and girls without any discrimination.
Student Conduct in the School
- Punctuality: The Students should enter the campus before the prescribed time. Disciplinary action is taken against those who are habitual late comers.
- Uniform: The prescribed uniform is to be strictly observed. Girls are not supposed to wear any make-up or jewellery. They can only wear ear-rings of small size or studs and a black hair band. Boys are expected to have short hair cut. Both girls and boys are required to have short nails.
- Contraband — Prohibited Items: Mobile telephones, audio / video equipment of any sort, chewing gums, cigarettes and undesirable literature of any kind are strictly prohibited to bring, carry and use at campus (Please enquire from the administration about the penalties for the defaulters and disciplinary action taken on violation of these rules).
- Personal Belongings: Students are responsible for their belongings. The administration is not responsible for the loss of any valuable article.
Leaving Campus: Students are not allowed to leave the campus during working hours. In case of emergency, students can only be allowed to leave the campus, if the parents come to pick them, in person.
- Missing the classes / tests / assignments is not tolerated. One week absence without any notice can lead to strict disciplinary action.
- Cooperation of Parents: In case of disciplinary matters, the school has the right to withdraw / terminate the admission. However, before taking such extreme action, sufficient time is given to the child to improve his/her conduct. Unconditional cooperation of parents is expected in such cases.
- Responsibility of Students and Parents: It is the responsibility of students and their parents to keep themselves fully informed / updated regarding the rules and regulations of the institution conveyed / notified through different means including periodical notices/ circulars.
Payment of Fee/ Dues
The dues are to be cleared by or before the 10′ of the month or by the date written on the challan form issued on or before the last working day of the month. It is the responsibility of the parents to inform the school office immediately in case the challan form is not received by them for any reason what so ever. Other rules and regulations are listed in the following:
- Advance Payment of Dues: All the dues are charged in advance. Normally the fee is charged for two months together for all classes. The fee for the summer holidays (June, July &August) is charged in advance.
- Fine for Late Fee: Late fee fine is charged if the dues are not paid within the due date.
- Not Refundable: Fee and other charges once paid are not refundable.
- Security Refund: The security is refunded only if all other conditions are fulfilled and rules and regulations have been followed. Any such refund has to be applied, in writing, within thirty days after leaving the school. Any late claim is not entertained.
- Issuing of Documents / Certificates: Documents or / and Certificates of any sort, what-so-ever, are NOT issued unless all dues are cleared
- Notification / Reminders for Outstanding Dues: The administration is not responsible to notify or issue any reminders to the students regarding the nonpayment of dues in time.
- Revised Fee and Other Charges: The tuition fee and other charges may be revised according to the financial exigencies, without any prior notice.
- Re-admission: In case of re-admission the requisite admission fee is to be paid in full.
School Leaving Certificate (SLC)
- At least 30 days advance written request or one month fee in lieu of this, is required for the withdrawal of admission along with the fee for SLC.
- Full fee is charged for the month in which the withdrawal / migration of a student is made due to any reason what-so-ever.
- School Leaving Certificate (SLC) is issued only after all dues have been cleared.
- At least 3(three) working days advance written notice is required for issuance of SLC or any other authorized document.
- A student desirous of leaving the school after first term will be paying till the month of July which is the last month of the term.
- SLC must be obtained within thirty days after leaving the school .
Change in Personal Record of Child
- In case Parents need to make any change in the personal record of child, they need to apply in writing, along with the fee, as per rules.
- Every change desired by parents has to be supported by sufficient documentary proofs.
- The necessary documents such as previous school record, original birth certificate, affidavit & Form B may be provided as per nature of the case.
- In case of a change in date of birth, the record of First / previous school (if any) has to be rectified / corrected / changed first and documentary proof thereof to be provided.
- President BOG or the nominee (member of BOG) has the right to make the changes.
- In case of insufficient documentary proofs, the request can be turned down. In such cases, no refund will be made.
Guidelines for Parents / Guardian
- Parents are expected to remain updated /well informed of the Rules and Regulations of the Institution.
- Parents are expected to inform the school in case the child is absent. One week absence without any written notice will not be appreciated.
- Parents are expected to attend Parents Teachers Meetings (PTM) whenever arranged by the school.
- Parents are required to cooperate with the school in different matters such as discipline, uniform, child’s conduct, punctuality and regularity in attendance.
- Parents should avoid sending children suffering from contagious or transferable disease. Children with hair lice will not be allowed to attend the school.
- Parents should not approach teachers directly. Complaints, if any, may be made to the school administration.
- Parents should seek for an appointment in case a meeting with a teacher / Principal is desired.
- Parents are not expected to visit class rooms and academic blocks during school hours.
- Parents are expected to sign and acknowledge all notices, rules & regulations sent by the school.
- Parents should ensure timely payment of all dues as per instructions.
- The daily Diary of the student should be signed by the parents/guardian. They should help the child in completing the Home-work given according to a planned schedule.
In no case parents are supposed to lose temper or misbehave with any member of the administrative Staff.